Madison area Urban Ministry (MUM) 40th birthday party announced
November 07, 2012
MADISON — On May 11, 1973 Madison Urban Ministry was officially incorporated as a non-profit social justice agency in WI. We are planning a celebration and visioning party for May 18th, 2013 at the Madison Concourse Hotel and would like to invite you and your congregation to be part of the celebration.
You will be hearing more from MUM in the weeks and months to come as more details come together. Speakers already scheduled include Rev. Everett Mitchell , Senior Pastor at Christ the Solid Rock Church and director of Community Outreach for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Rabbi Renee Bauer, director of the Interfaith Coalition for Worker Justice. We are hoping that you will save the date and that your congregations will be represented at this milestone celebration as we look back at the first 40 years and ahead to the work ahead and our vision for the next 40 years.
MUM’s guiding values include:
• Helping frame issues for the community with compassion, mercy and justice;
• Promoting interfaith cooperation and collaboration;
• Convening and linking people of faith communities to engage in social action;
• Asking the question ‘are all people’s voices being heard?’ and when the answer is ‘no’ helping to lift those voices up.
• Promoting respectful and thoughtful dialogue;
• Advocating with our most vulnerable brothers and sisters;
• Emphasizing systems change.